The following check-in options are available:
Save time queuing at the airport and use your airline's online check-in.
Print out your boarding pass and present it to the boarding pass control at the airport.
If you have hold luggage, it must be checked in beforehand at the special counters.
Details of the flights for which this offer is valid can be obtained directly from the airline company.
Some airlines offer the possibility of checking in at the City Airport Train terminal at Wien Mitte station.
- Show your CAT ticket at one of the ten check-in counters at Wien Mitte.
- Hand over your ticket and baggage to the counter staff.
- You will be issued your boarding pass and baggage tag receipts.
- When you arrive at the airport, proceed to the boarding pass and passport control and from there to your gate.
Depending on the airline, you can check in between 24 hours and 75 minutes before the flight.
Your airline will give you further details.
An updated list of all city check-in airlines can be found at www.cityairporttrain.com or by calling +43-1-25250 or by sending your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-in on the previous day
Ask your airline about the possibility of early check-in.
Self-service check-in at Vienna Airport
1. You can check in yourself at one of the check-in machines with your credit card or Miles & More card, surname, booking code or scanned passport.
2. Follow the instructions on the machine.
3. If you have baggage to check in, the machine will indicate which check-in counters you can use.
4. You will be issued a boarding pass and baggage tag receipts.
5. Proceed to the boarding pass or passport control and from there to your gate.
Airline check-in counter at the airport
1. Arrive at the airport in good time before your flight.
- 2 hours for domestic flights and international flights of up to six hours
- 3 hours for international flights over six hours/ flights to Tel Aviv
2. You can check in in terminal 1, terminal 1A or terminal 2, depending on the airline.
3. Hand the counter staff your ticket and baggage.
5. Proceed to the boarding pass/ passport control and from there to your gate.
If you are travelling with oversize baggage or a large animal, please note the following:
1. Inform the airline of your oversize baggage or animal when registering.
2. If you are travelling with an animal, you will be given a tag, which you must attach to the cage in which the animal is travelling.
3. If you also have normal checked baggage, check it in at one of the counters for the airline you are flying with.
4. Hand the counter staff your ticket and baggage.
5. You will be issued a boarding pass and baggage tag receipts.
6. Proceed with your oversize baggage or animal to one of the check-in counters for oversize baggage for the airline you are flying with in terminal 1 or terminal 1A.
7. Hand your outsize baggage or animal cage to the counter staff.
Your animal will not be transported to the aircraft on the baggage conveyor, of course, but will be taken to it by a member of the airport staff.
8. You will be issued baggage tag receipts.
9. Proceed to the boarding pass or passport control and from there to your gate.